Please note: The Makah Indian Reservation is closed to tourists
Who Is allowed on the Reservation without approval?
- All Residents of Neah Bay (anyone who has physically resided within the exterior boundaries of the Makah Indian Reservation for at least one year or who resides within the exterior boundaries of the Makah Indian Reservation and has permanent employment on the Reservation)
- All enrolled Makah Tribal Members
- Spouses and Dependents of Residents of Neah Bay
Who may be considered for approval?
- Non-Resident Workers (any worker, employee or contractor, hired for a job or service provided on the Makah Indian Reservation, who is not a resident of the Makah Indian Reservation. )
- Personal Visitors with Well-Established Close Social Ties to the Makah Tribe
Who will not be considered for approval?
- Non-Makahs with no or minimal social ties
- Non-essential workers without safety plans
- Applications received less than 2 weeks in advance