Makah Recovery Services - TELEMEDICINE VISITS
100 Wellness Way
Neah Bay, WA 98357
Please call us. We are here to provide you services.
Medication Assisted Treatment (click for more info)
Same day appointments during the current local COVID-19 conditions. This will be by telephone or a zoom meeting,
Intensive Outpatient Group Therapy
Outpatient Group Therapy
Šišuk House is coming!
The Šišuk House provides a safe and drug free home to people in recovery in the Neah Bay community.
The homes are in the finishing stages of being ready for residents!
To apply to be considered, please click here.
If you need recovery support:
During business hours (Monday-Friday 8am to Noon and 1pm to 5pm)
- Please call Makah Recovery Services at 360-645-2461 to be connected with a substance use disorder professional.
- Makah Recovery Services Certified Peer Counselor at 360-640-4496.
- Makah Recovery Services provides telehealth counseling sessions during normal business hours.
- If you have any questions about recovery groups or being in compliance with treatment expectations, call 360-645-2461.
- Please call our Regional Crisis Telephone Line at 1-888-910-0416, or
- Call the Washington Recovery Help Line at 1-866-789-1511 (this service is a 24-hour intervention and referral help line that is staffed by Recovery Specialists. They link a person to resources. They do not give medical advice.) _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Withdrawal, also known as detoxification, can occur with the end or reduction in substance use, especially after a period of heavy and prolonged use. Withdrawal symptoms vary dependent on the substance used and may include anxiety, fatigue, sweating, vomiting, depression, seizures, and hallucinations.
- Medical attention should be sought for severe symptoms of withdrawal. Treatment usually involves hospitalization (i.e. inpatient detox) with medication and should include follow-up care with a substance use disorder professional and a primary care provider.
If you or someone you know is experiencing withdrawal symptoms and are in need of supportive services, there are resources available to you in our community!
- Call 911 in case of emergency
- Makah Recovery Services, located at the Makah Wellness Center, can offer a withdrawal needs assessment, referral to a withdrawal management service provider, and develop a plan for follow-up care. Call 360.645.2461.
- Sophie Trettevick Indian Health Center’s Primary Care Provider Clinic may be able to support medical needs during withdrawal, when a hospital stay isn't required.
- However, in some cases, the Clinic may determine that an individual needs to call 911 and be transported by EMS to the clinic.
- Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm: Call Makah Recovery Services at 360-645-2461 and you will be connected with a Substance Use Disorder Professional (SUDP).
- After hours or when the Makah Wellness Center and Makah Recovery Services are closed:
- Call 911 in case of an emergency.
- Go into the emergency room at the nearest hospital.
- Call the Washington Recovery Help Line at 1-866-789-1511 (this service is a 24-hour intervention and referral help line that is staffed by Recovery Specialists. They link a person to resources. They do not give medical advice.)
If you have any questions, please call Makah Recovery Services at
360-645-2461 and we will provide more information to you.
Online Support Groups
Support groups are available online at https://aa.org/ and https://na.org/.
Recovery Support Tools and Resources
Our Mission is to build positive, compassionate and effective partnerships with all STIHC patients, community members, guests and employees, and through these partnerships to provide excellent healthcare and wellness services.
Our Vision is that all members of the Makah Nation and the community of Neah Bay are healthy and thriving in wellness